Finding good baby-changing facilities when and where you need them can make your day. We are nearly done with nappies chez nous but those days as a nervous new mum trying to find a changer and keep the sh*t together, literally, will never leave me. Then Junior came along to join Senior so juggling a potty-training toddler and a newborn added another few needs to the list. Enough to have anyone in a lather!!
So, business proprietors of Ireland hear ye, hear ye – here’s my first cut at what makes the perfect baby-changing room:
- safe, clean baby-changing table – anti-bac wipes for the table are great
- large room big enough for a buggy and another child or two in tow
- wide door for buggy
- roll of paper table liners – not plastic
- strong hook for changing bag on or near changing-table
- a mobile over the baba’s head – ideally with music
- pedal bin for nappies
- liquid soap and basin, preferably right beside table – a lower junior sink is always appreciated
- anti-bacterial hand gel – child-safe
- spare nappies, wipes and nappy bags – in an ideal world
- toilet for other children and the adult – in the changing room
- paper hand towels – dryers can scare little people
- good ventilation – it can be messy work
- Wipe-o – the incredible nappy-changing Elf – wouldn’t that be nice?!
Do you have more to add to the list? Please let me know in the comments below.
Please add your baby-changing finds, and family-friendly places to eat and play, to the Eat Play Change App and help some others out. Thank you!
Copyright © Úna Maguire 2019